MARUAH, an NGO working on human rights in Singapore and in ASEAN, is looking for a part-time Executive Officer.
This organisation is managed by a team of executive committee members and members who are all volunteers.
It is a five-year-old organisation that was formally registered three years ago. It has tremendous potential and we need an administrator to help us in our growth.
The direct reporting line will be the President of the Society, together with key office bearers.
- Office coordination in terms of internal and external communications
- Write up press releases, statements, letters to forum, event reports
- Events planning for community service projects and ad-hoc hot-button issue forums
- Volunteer and projects management
- Coordinate research and advocacy campaigns
- Plan fund raising possibilities
- Establish consistent brand management for MARUAH
What’s in it for you?
- monthly stipend
- Flexible work hours and environment*
- Opportunities to attend meetings/
- workshops in the region**
- Networking opportunities through events
- planning/attending events
*Other organisational/work commitments need to be made known upon signing of contract
**Subject to knowledge expertise required
We want YOU if you are:
- Passionate about human rights, local or regional issues
- Proficient with MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint (Added advantage if you know Photoshop and website development skills)
- Want to learn and practice various human rights instruments and approaches to a spectrum of issues
- Have strong organisational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Seek to gain on-the-ground experience with seasoned civil society members
- Able to multi-task
- Enjoy working independently on a virtual office basis (i.e. from home)
- An enthusiastic individual and a team player
- Are willing to help MARUAH grow
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.